TURBINE DIVISION ASSETSBack
Summit Meghnaghat Power Company Limited
SPI Company: Summit Meghnaghat Power Company Limited
Type: Combined Cycle Gas Turbine
Technology: Two Gas Turbines capable of operating on Dual Fuel (Liquid fuel & Natural Gas ) ,Two HRSG and One Steam Turbine
Fuel: Natural Gas/HSD
Gross Capacity: 324.854 MW in Liquid Fuel at Reference Condition and 337.416 MW Net at Natural Gas
Installed Capacity: 337 MW (Gas), 315 MW (HSD)
Address: Char Ramzan Sunaullah, Meghnaghat, Sonargaon, Narayanganj-1441 , Bangladesh
Commercial Operation Date: Simple Cycle : 29 May, 2014 | Combined Cycle : 1 June, 2015
A combined-cycle power plant uses both a gas and a steam turbine together to produce up to 50 percent more electricity from the same fuel than a traditional simple-cycle plant. The waste heat from the gas turbine is routed to the nearby steam turbine, which generates extra power.
This is how a combined-cycle plant works to produce electricity and captures waste heat from the gas turbine to increase efficiency and electrical output.
1. Gas turbine burns fuel.
- The gas turbine compresses air and mixes it with fuel that is heated to a very high temperature. The hot air-fuel mixture moves through the gas turbine blades, making them spin.
- The fast-spinning turbine drives a generator that converts a portion of the spinning energy into electricity.
- SMPCL has installed two GE PG9171E-3 (9E.03) Gas Turbines.
2. Heat recovery system captures exhaust.
- A Heat Recovery Steam Generator (HRSG) captures exhaust heat from the gas turbine that would otherwise escape through the exhaust stack.
- The HRSG creates steam from the gas turbine exhaust heat and delivers it to the steam turbine.
- SMPCL has installed two HRSG manufactured by Hangzhou Boiler ;Model: NG-S209E-R
3. Steam turbine delivers additional electricity.
- The steam turbine sends its energy to the generator drive shaft, where it is converted into additional electricity.
- SMPCL has installed one Steam Turbine manufactured by Harbin Turbine Co. Ltd; Model: LN121-7.28/0.70/503/257.
Annual Public Environmental & Social Monitoring Report-2017Download
Annual Public Environmental & Social Monitoring Report 2017 (Local language)Download